Monday, July 11, 2011

Long Overdue Update

Wow has it really been since February since I updated this blog. I have been in a total blog funk and this adoption is not helping matters. Let me try to catch you up to speed.

We received this wonderful news with our I800A application in March because somewhere on one of the papers we I forgot to write China. Now I know there where other areas on this application that clearly stated we were adopting from China. I mean come on, we had a completed home study for CHINA. Nope, USCIS decided to send ALL of our paperwork back instead of using any of our contact information that we have to list on the application. We received one of the slowest USCIS officers in the world who I might add is not very friendly.

We were able to finally send in our USCIS approval, home study, and  I forget the last piece of paper. All of this to meet up with our dossier that we used for Evan's adoption. Our dossier went to China on April 29th and we were not LID until May 31st. Out of our three adoptions that was out longest wait for a LID.

We had been told along with all the other AP's that we would travel rather fast. We would received our LOA within days maybe 30 at the most. I can tell you this is not the case. There are people waiting 90+ days for their LOA. AP's are finding out after waiting for 40-50 days that they need to supply more paperwork. WACAP will be calling this week to see what is going on with our file as we have not progressed in CCAA's computer system at all from when we were logged in. We are praying that we will be able to bring Ty home before the end of the year. :(

In the mean time I have received his finding ad and also found a picture on-line of him with the Suzhou SWI Director. Only it is on my other computer and at this time I can not access it. I did find a picture of Ty in a crib at about a year old.


**Update - It took us almost 40 days to move out of translation and into the review room at CCAA. The family we were logged in with moved in to the review room before us so that flagged our file at WACAP for the to look into. They have been amazing. We were told Friday after they contact CCAA, that everything is progressing and our status has changed. We were told that usually LOA comes within a couple of weeks. Time will tell.

I'll try to do better updating LOL.

No comments: