Thursday, January 13, 2011

Intorducing...

Our newest member! Is he not the sweetest things you've ever seen? We sent our LOI on December 3rd and received PA on December 10th. December 10th was our third anniversary of when we met Twink. :) Our little man resides in the SWI of Suzhou City, Jiangsu China. He will be three on July 30th and I am hopeful that we will be with him either shortly before his birthday or shortly after his birthday. He has ichthyosis and is deaf. To what degree either of them are we have no idea.

The first three pictures are from his referral. The last three were from an update the agency received right before we sent in our LOI. :)
We found out yesterday that we will be able to reuse our old dossier from our adoption in 2010. Our new agency had to really advocate on our behalf. I guess the CCAA has some rules about switching agencies and reusing the old dossier. We are just so relieved that we do not need to redo all of the paper work not to mention it saves us some money.

We are done with our home study except for our physicals. We have those coming up and then we are done completely with the home study. It is said that USCIS is taking about 60 days for immigration approval so we will have to wait for our I-797C to come before we can be DTC. Still not sure what our time frame will look like after we are DTC. Some say our wait for LOA will be extremely fast others are not so sure. Only time will tell.

I'll tell you what, the Lord has his hand prints all over this adoption already. :)

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Cheri!! He is adorable!!! So excited for you!
So wonderful you can use your old dossier.
We had to start over our State Certification had
just expired after our 6 month post placement.
It is something our state requires.

We have PA for our little girl. I posted her pics.
Can't post info unless I make another blog or
go private. We are waiting for LID.
Are you sure immigration is taking that long?
Ours took less then a couple of weeks.
We were fingerprinted the Wed. the day before
Thanksgiving and received our approved
I-797C the very Monday after Thanksgiving.
We were shocked!! Especially with the holiday.
I have been amazed at how quickly things have
moved for us. We were told LOA comes about
6 months after LID. I agree only time will tell.

Are you still on FB?

Cheri said...

I found you when I happened to get on RQ for the first time in a while! Congratulations, girl! You will have a very full house soon. I admire you.

Unknown said...

Oh Cheri, he is absolutely gorgeous! Ohhhh, what a treasure!! I am so happy for you guys!!!! Funny you stopped by my blog because I was thinking about you all day and kept wanting to check in on you!!!

Heather Austin said...

Cheri, you are an inspiration to me to welcome yet another special child into your family. Your faith is awesome! He is precious!

Jeanette said...

Oh Cheri, I'm so glad to see this post...I've been dying for info since you made your announcement on facebook! He is precious and I know that the Lord has ordained each step in this process to your little man. I can't wait to watch His story unfold and will be praying for ALL of you! Hope you are well, tried to call and email several times, not sure if you've gotten my messages. Love you my friend!

Jess Danielson said...

Just wanted to say Hello from another Suzhou mommy! We brought home our Gabe in Sept. of 09. Our blog is jessibirdsplace.blogspot.com - I hope your process is speedy!!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable, what a face. We are now 2 behind. God Bless him and all of your family! Kathie and Tom

Jaime said...

Another Suzhou mom here!! Congrats on your new son!! He is so handsome! Hope you have a speedy journey to bring him home!!